Thinking that coconut water can be so helpful to chickens is a wonder. Starting with a chick’s first day, coconut water provides the necessary nutrients to keep your chick alive and healthy. This gorgeous electrolyte is perfect for chicken broilers and will restore ease to your stressed chickens in no time. In case the word electrolyte doesn’t sound familiar, let’s just break it down.
What’s an electrolyte, and why is coconut water considered as one?
Simply put, electrolytes are minerals found in an electrically charged body. These minerals are present in the body’s blood, skin, urine, and other fluids. Coconut water is ideal for chickens because of its electrolyte properties.
How is coconut water essential as an electrolytes for your chicken?
- It relieves the tension of chickens
- It matches the amount of water used in chickens
- They also control the pH level of the chicken
- They are responsible for transferring nutrients into chicken cells.
- They help to remove the waste from the chicken cells
- Responsible to ensure proper functioning of chicken’s nerves, back, brain, and muscles.
A few Things about Coconut Water as an electrolyte
- Coconut water is natural.
- It is free of fat
- It is high in sugar and calories
- Coconut water is rich in vitamins and electrolytes such as calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- It is also regarded as the Dew of Heaven.
- Though you can use water from young coconut with higher levels of sugar, it is richer in protein and has higher pH levels.
There’s a saying that no one knows how the water gets into the coconut, and that explains how rare it is. It is, in fact, so pure that it is transmitted to the human body just like blood. This water for chickens has so far been found to be only helpful and not harmful. Take a brief look at some of the advantages of coconut water in poultry.
How it is beneficial to the Day of Old Chicks
Day-old chicks are delicate and always need to be treated with respect. When your chicks arrive, they’ve probably been under a lot of stress from hatchery and transport. Despite of this, one of the best gifts you can send to your chicks is coconut. It’s a good anti-stress for the precious moment.
When do you need the use of coconut water?
- When you have your day-old chicks
- After too much treatment, such as de-beaking, manual vaccination, etc.
- When you take your chickens on a ride. For example, the transfer of cage point layers
- Compensation for temporary overcrowding
- During heat stress , particularly in chicken broiler
- Throughout a mite or lice infestation
- When your chickens are agitated by a predator, e.g. snake in a layer pen.
- During molting in layers.
Despite all these advantages, every poultry farmer who is yet to take advantage of this natural juice is cheating on himself.
How much coconut water should you give your birds?
Your chicks should take as much as they can for your information. You may decide to dilute it with water or simply feed your birds with pure juice. One thing to remember is that it is important to serve fresh as it starts to lose its consistency when exposed to oxygen.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In the Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
Eket, Akwa Ibom State:
3 park road, opposite Chinese market, Eket.