You’ve used eggs every way you can think of them, you’ve baked any recipe of cake you can think of, your kids are sick with omelets, you’ve taken frittata at every party, you’ve eaten deviled eggs until they’re falling out of your mouth. Okay, this is a possible solution for you, turn them into frozen eggs
It sounds weird, but frozen eggs can be stored in your freezer for up to one year, defrosted and used in just about any recipe you might think of. There’s only one caveat to this: don’t use raw defrosted egg. Make sure you use the frozen egg recipe to cook it properly.
There are three ways to freeze eggs: whole, white, and only yellow.
Frozen eggs, how to freeze whole eggs
- It’s not hard to freeze chicken eggs. You can either use a can freezer container, and choose to add as many eggs as you want. A more practical approach, however, is to store them as separate shells. This way, when you come to defrost them, you know exactly how much-frozen solution is equivalent to one egg.
- Freezing eggs in an ice cube tray ensures that you know how many cubes the egg is equivalent to. The number of cubes that one egg takes will vary depending on the size of your eggs and the freezer tray. Only start with one. Break it into a cup and gently beat the white and the yolk together with a fork.
- You should not use an electric whisk or a hand beater. Using a fork and then gently beat it until the whites and the yolks are mixed.
- If you beat it hard, you’re going to add too much air, which makes it rubbery when you use it later.
- Now pour in the ice cube tray. Be careful of the white-the chalazae (a stringy bit) tends to pour quickly and can overflow.
- Make a note of how many cubes one egg equals. After you’ve done that, add as many as you want, fill in the ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once frozen, empty the frozen egg cubes in the freezer bag and mark, making it clear how many cubes one egg equals. Bring it in the fridge, and you’re done!
Frozen eggs, how to freeze egg whites
- If you use whites on your own on a regular basis, you can freeze them to the yolk separately.
- Separate the white egg from the yolk. Don’t beat it, just dump it on the ice cube tray. Measure how many blocks an egg can take, then add as many whites as you want to freeze.
- There’s no need to do something, just put it in the freezer and, as before, place it in the freezer bag and mark.
- Like whole eggs, whites will last up to one year in your freezer and can be used as normal in any recipe.
Frozen eggs, how to freeze egg yolks
- It’s possible to freeze the yolk separately, too, but it takes a little more care, and if it’s frozen on its own, the yolks appear to be thick so lumpy, and they won’t be suitable for recipes.
- So before freezing, stir in half a teaspoon of salt per cup of the yolks if you’re using them for delicious dishes.
- If you are more likely to use them for sweet stuff, add one tablespoon of sugar per cup of yolks.
- Then just add it to your freezer tray as before.
Does the freezing of cooked eggs work?
No. They’re watery, warm, and rubbery when they’re defrosted. It’s easier to freeze them raw.
Should eggs be frozen with its shell?
No, it shouldn’t be done because freezing liquids allow them to extend. If you try to freeze them in their shell, the shell will crack.
Thawing and the use of frozen eggs.
- Frozen eggs are kept in a freezer for up to one year.
- Whether you have frozen them whole or isolated, defrost them in the refrigerator overnight and use them within one day of defrosting.
- When you’ve frozen the whites alone, they should be left to stand at room temperature for around 30 minutes if you’re willing to use them beaten, they are great for meringues, for example.
- Also, make sure you use them in recipes where they are cooked thoroughly.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
Eket, Akwa Ibom State:
3 park road, opposite Chinese market, Eket.