How to help your chicken lay quality eggs

1
173
How to help your chicken lay quality eggs

Helping your chickens to lay quality eggs can be achieved, you just need to read through, and see those things you can do for a change in your chicken farm, apply them, and watch the remarkable results

Starting a chicken farm is supposed to be fun, because you have space, treatment, and quality food for your hens. Your chickens will be supplying you with delicious eggs, and an obvious companionship.

But what’s best for your flock, and how can you help them lay quality eggs for your family? Well, it starts with a well-designed management strategy, and a detailed nutrition program.

Tips to help your chicken lay quality eggs

  • Dieting as key to helping your birds lay quality eggs

For you to have access to quality eggs, you have to provide at least 90 percent of the diet through a full, high-quality layer of feed beginning at 18 weeks of age.

Laying eggs is a full-time job for your chickens, so you need to provide them with the essential nutrients that they need to be the most successful.

The number one resource that you can give them is a full, and healthy diet when they begin to lay eggs around 18 weeks of age. Hens can produce more healthy eggs when they are fed with quality feed, so feeding the chicks well will lead to better nutrition for both your chicks and your family.

The essential include calcium for solid shells; amino acids, vitamins, and minerals for better egg production, and hen health; as well as probiotics and prebiotics for hen digestive function.

READ ALSO  Why you should have a rooster among your flock

The full feed layer should be at least 90% of the hen’s diet. The remaining 10% can come from additional feeds, such as scratch grains, good quality table scraps, and oyster shells too.

You shouldn’t feed them too much extra food, such as scratch grains or table scraps, because it can dilute, and dis-balance the complete nutrition in chicken pellets or crumbs, which will affect their production and health.

  • Collect eggs 2-3 times daily will give you quality eggs

In order to prevent shell cracks, and have quality eggs, start by collecting eggs 2-3 times a day. Once hens start laying eggs, be sure to gather eggs at least in the morning and evening as well. This helps keep the eggs cleaner, and reduces the chances of the eggs being cracked by hen traffic in the nests.

Egg cracks may give bacteria access to the inside of the egg. You will discover that feeding a complete layer of feed will increase the strength of the shell, help to fix microscopic shell cracks, and prevent bacteria from entering the egg.

In addition, collecting the eggs 2-3 times a day, helps keep eggs from being stepped on, and cracked or destroyed, which can lead to egg eating by the birds. Fix the egg by feeding our hens to solid shells and gathering eggs regularly.

  • Good lightening is also an effective means of getting quality eggs

You have to provide light for at least 17 hours a day, light is a critical ingredient of egg laying. One primary explanation for hens to avoid laying eggs is to reduce the duration of the day.

READ ALSO  How cold water affects broilers

Hens need a minimum of 16 hours of daylight to maintain strong production. Despite additional light, eggs that naturally stop laying when the daylight drops below 12 hours a day due to a hormonal reaction in the hen that is caused by light.

In order to resolve this hormonal response and encourage long-term egg production; you have to provide one incandescent 25-watt, or LED 3 to 9-watt bulb per 100 square feet of coop space. Using an automated timer to keep dark and light hours consistent so that hens remain on a laying and sleeping schedule.

As with diet and management, quality is the secret to lighting our hens. Only a day or two of change in either of these factors will impede egg development.

Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State

Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.com at the following locations;

  • Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:

    Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo

  • Oron, Akwa Ibom State:

    Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State

  • Eket, Akwa Ibom State:

3 park road, opposite Chinese market, Eket.

 

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here