Atama soup is a variant of Delta Banga Soup from Akwa Ibom. It is a very rich palm fruit soup typically cooked with loads of seafood goodness from the Ibibio or Efik People of Southern Nigeria. The Atama soup is rich in color, taste, and texture.
Ingredients to prepare Atama soup with chicken
- 1kg of Chicken
- 300g of Pomo
- Head of Stockfish
- 2 Dried pieces of Fish
- Few kilograms of Periwinkles cuts and washed thoroughly
- Atama leaves which should be finely sliced and pounded very well
- Bunch of Palm Fruits
- Uyayak spice
- A handful of crayfish
Method of preparing Atama soup with chicken
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and pomo
- Seasoned with your preference of onions, garlic, salt, black pepper, shallot, and sea bream cookie.
- And roast, and never add water to my meat until the stock is drying out.
- Wash the fruit from the palm, and cook until tender and soft.
- Bring in a mortal and pound, before the shaft is separated from the nuts absolutely.
- Wash then with warm water to clear the juice or oil
- Clean but don’t water it too much.
- While the chicken and pomo are still cooking, pour in the extract of palm fruit (oil sauce) into the pot and keep cooking
- Now add the spice Uyayak.
- Then you can add the fish stock to cook along with the seafood.
- You should add the Dried Fish and shelled Periwinkles after about 20 minutes
- Spice with salt, and some pounded freshly yellow pepper from Cameroon …
- Eventually, add the leaves of Pounded Atama and covet it for 2 minutes.
- Stir open and bring in your crayfish or shrimps.
- Seasonal sensation …
- In the remaining one cube of the season, you can crumple ...
- As you cook along, the exact palm fruit or juice should thicken, and when the Atama leaves to enter the pot, it becomes even thicker and so rich in taste.
- The Atama leaves are supposed to cook for around 5mins and the Atama soup is ready to eat.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
The safe handling practices listed above are not the only ones, if you know more, you can feel free to share with us in the comment box.