Only for the fun of it, you can try making your egusi soup with Chicken, once in a while.
Here are the ingredient that you will need to prepare this sumptuous meal.
Ingredients for preparing egusi soup with chicken
- 200g of Egusi seed,
- 1/2 kg of chicken,
- 4 bulb of fresh pepper
- 3 Tbsp of ground dried crayfish,
- 1 small bunch of Ugwu leaves,
- 2 cup of palm oil,
- 2 cubes of seasoning,
- 1 small bulb of onions,
- 3 large bulb of fresh tomatoes,
Methods of preparing egusi soup with chicken
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, then season with 1/2 onion and 1 Knorr Cube. Add some water and boil for approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
- Mix the ground egusi in half a cup of water and set aside the onions, pepper, and remaining onion.
- In another kettle, heat the palm oil; pour the tomatoes into the hot oil, stir for about 5mins and then add the Egusi mixture. Stir it very well, and let fry for a moment. The crayfish, and the remaining stock cube should be well mixed from here.
- Add a small amount of water and let cook for five minutes. Add the chicken to the boil and stir. Turn down the heat and cook for another two minutes.
- Wash the Ugwu leaves and slice them finely. Add and stir in the broth. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes to allow the softening of the vegetables. Serve your delicious egusi soup with an eba or fufu.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State