To prepare Fried chicken, fry the chicken for about 7-8minutes for each side. But keep in mind the size and thickness of the pieces will vary. When the thickest part of the meat registers at 165 ° the chicken is fully cooked, and the skin color is crispy and deep golden-brown.
Which oil should be used to prepare fried chicken?
Neutral oils such as canola, vegetable, and peanut oil have higher smoke points which make them ideal for chicken frying. Also, we suggest the chicken be soaked in milk before frying! This is because holding the chicken in buttermilk will give you moist and juicy results before frying. The buttermilk acid helps break down the protein in the chicken and makes tender meat.
Ingredients for preparing fried chicken
- 2 kg of chickens
- Vegetable oil of choice, for frying the chicken, read above for more details
- 6 cups of all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons of salt
- 4 tablespoons of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of buttermilk
Method of preparing fried chicken
- Cut the chickens together into 4 breasts, 4 thighs, 4 legs and 4 wings, and set aside.
- Preheat your oil to 325 degrees F, either in a heavy stove pan or a deep-fryer.
- Combine the rice, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Deposit back.
- Pour the buttermilk into another dish, which is big enough to immerse the chicken in buttermilk.
- Have your dredging station well packed. Place your chicken in a saucepan. First, your buttermilk bowl, and next to that, your dry mix.
- Take your breasts, sprinkle them gently with your flour mixture, dip them in buttermilk until they are powdered, and place them in the flour mixture.
- Take the breasts in the flour mixture, and drive the flour mixture vigorously into the wet chicken. Place the breasts gently into your hot oil.
- Next repeat the steps of dredging in this order with your other chicken pieces: thigh, leg, and then the wing.
- You will have 16 pieces of chicken in the oil when you put the last wing in the fryer. Place a 15-minute timer.
- Take a probe thermometer after 15 minutes, and test a breast’s temperature. When it reads 180 degrees F then all the chicken will be cooked. Remember to start cooking after it’s removed from the fryer.
- Take the chicken off the oil and let it drain for 5 minutes. Leave to cool for another 10 minutes before serving.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
Eket, Akwa Ibom State:
3 park road, opposite Chinese market, Eket.