One of the most common Indo-Chinese style chicken appetizer or starter is the quintessential Chinese recipe, called Chilli Chicken.
Ingredients for preparing chilli chicken
- 2 pair of chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 egg, well beaten
- ¾ cup of flour (100 g)
- 1 green pepper, well sliced
- 1 red pepper, properly sliced
- rice, to serve alongside
- 3 cloves of garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, well chopped
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- ½ cup of water (100 mL)
Method of preparing chilli chicken
- The chicken is properly seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, then cover with flour, and then wash the eggs.
- Shallow fry on each side for a few minutes, until they become golden brown.
- Add the various peppers, and cook for a few more minutes. Later, on remove the peppers and chicken, and set aside.
- At this point, add the garlic, red chilli, soy sauce, purée tomatoes, and water in the same pan. The mixture helps to eliminate stirring and frying, and is always thick and syrupy.
- Remove the chicken and peppers back, and mix them well in the sauce.
- Serve your chilli chicken with rice and any drink of your choice.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
Eket, Akwa Ibom State:
3 park road, opposite Chinese market, Eket.