Suya and Coca-Cola chicken recipe is an amazing recipe that you shouldn’t hesitate to try out one of these days, the result will be at your imagination.
Ingredients for the chicken
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1½ cup of Coca-Cola
- ½ cup of honey
- 3 tbsps. of suya seasoning/yaji
- 2 medium-sized of garlic cloves(minced)
- ½ inch of grated ginger
- A pinch of onion powder
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- ½-1 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1tbsp of cooking oil
- salt to taste
Method of preparing Suya and Coca-Cola chicken recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375oC.
- Wash the chicken, dry, and split.
- Season with salt, pepper, and baking soda and allow to rest up to an hour.
- Place in the oven and let it bake until the juices run clear and turn crispy.
- Heat your butter until it has melted, and then add oil.
- Attach the garlic, and cook until the fragrant fills the air.
- Add the suya seasoning with paprika and let it be 2tbsps. Mix the paste together, then add the coca-cola followed by the honey.
- Attach the tomato paste; raising heat as you go, and bring the sauce to a boil, and don’t forget to stir regularly.
- Once the sauce has thickened, season with salt for an amazing taste.
- Finally, toss in the chicken and season with the remaining suya seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then serve with any drink of your choice
Now, walk right into your kitchen and try out this Suya and Coca-Cola chicken recipe, and your family and friends will thank you.
Where to buy Chickens in Akwa Ibom State
Since chicken is the only meat that has no negative health conditions, you can always use it to prepare any local and continental dishes of your choice. In Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, you can buy chickens from sofreshchikens.
Uyo, The Akwa Ibom State capital:
Number 215 Udo Umana Street opposite Akpan Andem Market, Uyo
Oron, Akwa Ibom State:
Number 27 Market Square by Aba Street, Oron, Akwa Ibom State
Eket, Akwa Ibom State:
3 park road, opposite Chinese market, Eket.